Association for Psychoneurocutaneous Medicine of North America (APMNA) is the only association involved in the awareness of Psychoneurocutaneous Medicine in North America.
APMNA is an association of dermatologists, psychiatrists, psychologists and allied health professionals dedicated to promoting the awareness of skin and mind interaction and the role of psychoneuroimmunology in skin diseases.
The Association for Psychoneurocutaneous Medicine of North America is an organization of dermatologists, psychiatrists, psychologists and allied health professionals dedicated to the study of the skin and mind connection.
The mission of APMNA is to:
- Promote the highest quality of care for dermatology patients
- Promote holistic approach to chronic skin diseases
- Provide a forum of exchange of ideas in the field of psychoneurocutaneous medicine
- Promote psychocutaneous education and research
- Best clinical practice
- Patient oriented approach
- Setting highest standards of professional conduct
- Quality improvement in patient care
- To improve access to services
- To facilitate research
- To facilitate collaboration between dermatology, psychiatry and psychology
- To facilitate international collaboration
- To facilitate professional education
- To improve quality of care and quality of life of patients